Finally able to spill the beans.
Young Mom Support is moving! We’ve been invited by The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation Youth Centre near Masiphumelele to use their facilities for our meetings. This is huge.
We’ve outgrown the hospital venue and it’s an incredible honour to be considered a good match for the Centre. Some of the advantages of moving:
- Much closer to where the moms live – walking distance for many them. Taxi fare to get to Fish Hoek has been an obstacle for a lot of them
- Opposite Masi High School and having existing youth centre members mean better access to the younger moms that we’ve been struggling to reach.
- The youth centre has great facilities and activities for youth up to the age of 22 – our moms will be able to access these if they like
- Our older moms who are over the youth centre age limit are still welcome to join our meetings
- Beautiful facilities, wonderful grounds – really pretty and calming
- The centre will help us advertise, spread the word and reach the people we need to
- Amazing opportunity to join with this awesome organisation – it’s a big deal. Just incidentally – Princess Charlene of Monaco visited the centre a couple of weeks ago – so who knows, one day we could be rubbing shoulders with royalty.