We did it. It was a special day, a little bit of magic for the children who seemed to have a fabulous time.
Face painting, balloon animals, Father Christmas and his reindeer arrived ringing bells, presents by the truckload and party packs galore.
Little presents for the mommies too, and everybody enjoyed watching the DVD of the year’s photos set to music.e We were so busy I didn’t feel like I was taking in the atmosphere as much as I would have liked – but looking at the pics helped!
Thanks of course to the following people:
- My whole family – they know what they’ve done. Linda, Mark, Megan, Conor, Layla, Logan, Lara & Steven. Also our other reindeer Abby & Mia.
- Thank you to the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation Youth Centre and everybody there for your support and beautiful venue. Thanks Dante, Nikki, Wadi & Vanya
- Zamo Mqathane for her translation skills & loud voice 🙂
- Fouzia Ryklief and all at The Parent Centre, without your support, mentoring & funding this wouldn’t be possible
- Chantel Daniels from Volunteer Mzansi Afrika for her excitement, encouragement & amazing contacts
- Lesley Thomas for the great facepainting & balloon art
- Julie & Nicolette from The Enchanted Garden Playgroup in Noordhoek – their playgroup families very generously donated a Santa’s shoebox of goodies for each child, in addition to the presents we already had for them. Appreciate it so much, thank you to the ladies and the lovely families
- Meagan Van Der Poel for her special strawberry cupcakes which were such a great hit
- The Sherman family for their continued support & donation of Christmas hampers for families in need
- The Woodman family
- Antony Davis & Richard Hopkins
- The Richards family
- The Spulick family
- Camilla Hazell
- Bridget McNulty
- Surita Botha
- Clemence Grasset
- Our mystery anonymous donor
- And everyone else who has supported us this year, whether financially, through donations or just with kind words and good vibes. So much appreciated.